- 1. All agreements between the parties shall be governed by the General Terms & Conditions as laid out below and known to the
parties. Any other conditions must be expressly accepted in writing by G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA. In particular other conditions in
documents not issued by G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall therefore not be applicable, unless expressly accepted in writing by G&D
- All invoices from G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall be paid at the latest on the due date indicated on the invoice. If no due date is
indicated, the invoice shall be paid cash on the date of the invoice. No amounts may be deducted from the invoice for
warranties or other reasons. Cash payments can only be proved by means of a written receipt signed by one of the managing
directors of G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA.
- Unpaid invoice amounts will be increased, by law and without prior notice, by an interest on arrears of 10 % per year, with a
minimum of EUR 75.00, starting from the date on which payment was due up to the date of complete payment. Furthermore,
these unpaid invoice amounts will be increased by compensation for default of 10 %, with a minimum of EUR 75.00,
notwithstanding the right of G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA to claim a higher compensation if it can prove that the damage is larger.
- If invoices from G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA remain unpaid on their due date, G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall be entitled, after written
notice (by normal letter or e-mail), to suspend all further deliveries, work or services until full payment of the due amount. The
defaulter shall have no right to claim compensation for any damage suffered as a result of this suspension.
- Complaints/remarks concerning invoices from G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall be sent by registered letter to G&D CONSTRUCT
BVBA within 7 days of the invoice date, otherwise the claim arising out of these invoices shall be deemed undisputed.
- G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA reserves title to the goods concerned until full payment of the corresponding invoices.
- No technical interventions or other actions will be carried out as long as the full amount invoiced by G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA has
not been paid. Any warranty periods start from the installation/delivery of the goods. No claims under these warranties may be
made, however, as long as full payment of the corresponding invoices has not been made.
- Manipulation of delivered/installed goods by third parties shall relieve G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA of any warranty obligation. On
no condition shall G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA be obliged to provide warranty for goods/work delivered/executed by third parties.
Maintenance of installations or goods shall not be considered to be included in the agreement or the agreed price.
- For an invoice submitted to G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA by a subcontractor, a separate invoice shall be drawn up each time per
yard/order and sent to G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA. G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA undertakes to pay these invoices within 60 days to the
end of the month. In the event of objections concerning the invoice, these shall be notified immediately in writing to the
- Complaints concerning faults in the delivered goods or executed services/work shall be sent by registered letter or fax to G&D
CONSTRUCT BVBA as quickly as possible and at the latest within 3 days of the discovery of these faults. If notice of faults is not
given to G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA within a reasonable time, G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA reserves the right to reject all liability. On
delivery, the client or his representative shall immediately carry out a thorough inspection on site for possible visible (and other)
faults and the conformity of the delivery. The signing of the delivery note shall constitute an unconditional acceptance of the
delivery as being correct, without visible faults and in accordance with the order.
- The order form that G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA draws up for its customers shall describe the work to be carried out and the goods
to be delivered. The content of the order form shall be considered to have been accepted if no objection is raised within a
reasonable time. All work and goods not expressly indicated on the order form shall not be executed/delivered. They can,
however, be the subject of additional work or deliveries.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check the dimensions, materials and quantities indicated on the order form for
correctness. Acceptance of the order form shall constitute an acceptance of all the indicated prices (possibly also including unit
prices), orders, quantities, materials and qualitative and technical characteristics of the work and goods.
- G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA accepts responsibility only for its own measurements and calculations.
- As soon as the client accepts the order form, the full purchase/contracting price shall become due.
- Any additional deliveries of goods/additional work not indicated on the order form shall be made/executed on the basis of the
unit prices applied by G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA.
- Any additional work (work not indicated on the order form) shall be carried out only on the basis of a prior written agreement
on the type and scope of the work, and on the price.
- The client shall ensure the setting up, safety and accessibility of the yard, as well as parking for rolling (site) stock and for connections to mains electricity, water, etc., all within a distance of 25 metres. If, for any reason, this distance is greater, extra working hours for loading and unloading will be charged on the basis of times and materials. For cranes and other lifting equipment, this distance is reduced to 3 metres.
- It is the sole responsibility of the subcontractor to familiarise himself with the working conditions at the yard in question and to
assess any technical/practical limitations. G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA accepts absolutely no responsibility for the existence of any
- G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall not be responsible for providing technical guidelines and/or advice, nor for supplying
plans/sketches to subcontractors.
- Once the principle drawings have been delivered to the client, it is possible only once to make changes. Any further changes
shall be invoiced at the then applicable unit rates.
- The subcontractor is responsible for observing all necessary and statutory safety regulations and for complying with all social
and labour rules and legislation.
- The subcontractor shall also be responsible for signing all necessary, mandatory and useful insurance policies and other
- The invalidity of one of the above clauses shall in no way prejudice the validity of the other clauses.
- The liability of G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA shall be limited to the amounts covered by the signed insurance policy. If the client
uses/holds/provides incomplete or incorrect dossiers/papers/documents/plans, this shall in no way result in any liability on the
part of G&D CONSTRUCT BVBA.
- All agreements between the parties shall be subject to Belgian law. The courts with territorial jurisdiction for disputes between
parties shall be the courts of the judicial district of Antwerp, district Mechelen. This jurisdiction clause shall take priority over
that of the clients/subcontractor(s).